Saturday, July 22, 2006

having a tough time filtering the photos taken from Zpop. Took like don't know how many but only a handful are clear. Haiz. Sadness. But the concert was truly fantastic! =) esp when it has TXYs as fans. We really screamed our lungs out and even Fish Leong acknowledged our volume =P she commented that the number of light sticks were a bit small though. ahhaha... I didn't had time to pass the little ones light sticks >.< sorry guys.

Shimei and I had better seats, thanks to my dear ex boss from SPH =) she's really nice to give me 2 complimentary tickets. All I gave her was a Tiger Balm Rub for Neck and Shoulders >.< and Shimei, thanks again for the treat ya =)

Will be posting the pictures up soon =)

Went to school for orientation of 402 today. Had a rough understanding of how business should be run and done, what to look out for, preparations, sales pitch... But I think the best part is me having the chance to interact with my school mates. Most of us only know each other by face. I get to know my schoolmates more. People like Eileen, Shu pei, Yilan.

Eileen ( think it's Eelyn..ummm) is actually much tougher than she looks, physically I mean. Was pleasantly surprised when I heard that she went to climb some hill in China =)

Shupei and Yilan. They were truly cut out for business. =) esp when it comes to sales pitch. Smooth, clear and organized. Yours truly here did badly though. Short and bitter. Aiyo.

Then there was this game when you partner someone and find out his/her
1) one wish
2) one regret
3) one quality he/she looks for in a person

I purposely paired with uncle so that I can get to know him better. He never treated the game seriously of course. But I did. And so did the rest of the group. I gave him serious and honest answers but he gave me answers that he thought it will be easy for me to remember. He used the examples the facilitator used. I was shocked to hear his regret. So I asked him if what he said had already happened.

"So what if it did, or so what if it doesn't? It doesn't matter right?" was his answer.

I think I shouldn't have probe ba.. cos I realised later that it was a rather personal question.

I apologised and he told me that I don't have to understand anything or apologise for anything cos he's not offended.

I apologised because I feel that I was in the wrong when I probed, whether you are offended or not. I admit I was trying to get to get to know you and the rest better when I asked a lot of questions. Many people are more mature than me and had more experiences and may be wiser. I don't feel that it's wrong of me of ask about what modules they chose or what they did during the holidays. Or how was their lab since I had none. Did I really went overboard?

I feel that one should pause and look back in his or her life to do some self checks. Your goals, dreams, regrets...... Reflections keep you in check and on track to your goals, and you will also try your best to cut down the number of regrets in life.

Have I done this?
Should I do that?
Did I do my best?
Can I be better?
What went wrong?
Why this.. or that?

原来不只爱情不能勉强,友情也是。也许你很想和某个人交朋友,不过。。。人家并不愿意和你撇开心交朋友。

好伤心。不过又能怎样呢。。。

posted by qiumqium | 9:33 PM

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


.:Me:.

"Puto-puto" is a native visayan term for "cupcake". =)Yo, I'm Qiumqium, a wrongly spelled name for the meaning of salty in Hokkien.=P Loves to window shop, see the world beyond my window grills. Hopes to walk around the earth one day, sleep under the stars. Feels that languages are beautiful and powerful.

.:chats:.



.:my past:.
You may want to listen to =)
credits
SITE OWNED BY QiumQium
layout design by laurice
image Barunson Co.
download at DDGraphics