Diya was right.
She said that the results of a song composition competition are always unpredictable cos one can't really tell what the judges want or expect from a good song.
I agree. Totally. Perhaps it's because Yuneng's song won the third prize of the whole competition on top of a best pian qu award. Our group was seriously surprised by the results ! Cos there were a lot of nice songs in the competition as well, plus the fact that Yuneng's song is a cheesy love song =P Hee.
Plus the fact that the five of us practically slack the whole day away except during the rehearsals. We talked crap, tried imitating a lot of singers and improvising the whole presentation of our song when we saw the MALE DANCERS and how serious the rest of the participants are.
The most eye catching group is definitely the first group. They had half-naked male dancers walking around, with make up and body paint on. Their lead singer looked like Cinderella. The five of us stared at one another's attire and we realised that we were the most simply dressed. We wore jeans and t-shirts and jackets. That's all. Nothing flowery.
All of the groups ( there were 10 including us) were practising hard away while waiting during the rehearsals. Except us again. We just lied on the floor cos we were the last group to perform. We lied and lied. Walked around, chat with friends.. Diya and I checked our timing for our playing occasionally. Benny tried to absorb the things on his lecture notes. Yuneng and Jing li slack hard.
Perhaps it's the attitude we brought into the whole event ba. We thought we were sure to lose with a cheesy love song. The idea of winning hardly occured to us. All of us just wanted to play good music, make sure the song sound good, not off-beat not off-chords not off tone or tune. And all the while during the past rehearsals we never made it happen. Some things are just bound to be off, and I keep forgeting there's a break before the chorus.
Benny and Diya reminded me again during the last 10 minutes before actual thing.
Then we went on stage.
Then everything just fit into place. We performed quite errorlessly. =) I was so happy!! Firstly, there's not much of a stage fright ( I was too worried about the KB la).. then I managed to play everything on time.Diya, Benny and Jingli were pretty steady too =) The song sounded very alright to ourselves anyway. The most important thing is, we put on the best we've ever had. =)
Finally joined the audience seat and listened to Wang Yida. ( I met him outside the toilet!!!! =) ) Then the judges came out to comment on the 10 songs. Yuneng's song was mentioned THREE times lo. =) One of the judges commented that the lyrics could have more depth. Yida ( he's one of the judges) said the feel of our song is nice and he liked the first line of the lyrics =) I forgot what the third comment was. =P
Anyway, we won =)
I was so high lo, it was my very first performance and a competition with a band =) and we WON. We WON we won we won!!! =)
Met up with the TXYs later =) But the sad thing is lao shi didn't make it to hear my playing. Really wanted him to hear it... haiz. Damn sad about it. >.<
Had really enjoyed myself throughout the whole process of preparations and performing. Though I must admit I'm not too close to my band since I'm more like an outsider joining them... But I always believe that people who understands music are nice people =)
To Yuneng, thank you so much for trusting and having enough faith in me to perform well =) Thanks for giving me the chance to play in a band, I really love the feeling of not being alone =P Of course I'm not as good as your teacher, but hopefully my playing's ok ba.
To Diya, Benny and Jingli, wa.... YOu guys are seriously damn funny lo! It has been really nice to know you guys ya =) I really enjoyed being part of the band. Thanks ya.. I know I'm not close with you peeps, but still, thanks for trusting me to play ok =)
To Lao shi, I think I never let you down or throw your face! =)
posted by
qiumqium | 10:15 PM
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home