Monday, December 19, 2005

I'm back from Sinma Camp 2005.

The camp was seriously very memorable for me and I've totally enjoyed myself with my friends. Almost all the games planned by Bingrong and I were pretty well done. Except for the 100sec no NG game played in Day 1. No wet games were allowed in SPH and I had to make some last minute changes and zhiwei keep rushing me to stop the games even though only one of the buses was here. Argh. Wasn't pleased with day 1. And I felt that Bing rong and I lacked mo qi.

Day 2 was so much better. Bingrong and I met in the morning to prepare for DA FU WENG and we promised ourselves that day 2 is gonna to be much better than day 1. We did it =) 3 of the groups played with me while the others were taken by Bingrong. The game turned out to be a little unfair to those playing with Bingrong as Bingrong told them that they can only start buying properties after 1 round around the whole template. However the groups playing with me started buying property straight away. Felt like kicking myself for this miscommunication between me and Bingrong. But luckily both sides had terrific fun from the comments I gathered. Whew. 3 days of hard work was really worth it =)

Everybody had lunch and we started playing the Egg game. The campers had to build an egg protector within half an hour with newspapers, straws, paper cups and masking tape. I leave BR to be totally in charged of the game as he came up with this game. Weizheng had went back to his room to get the straws like 20 minutes ago and still had not get back. BR realized that there was no masking tape around either. BR was a bit lost and wasn't very sure about whether he should start the briefing of the games withour all the materials. I told him that he was fully in charge of the game and any decisions had to be made by him. Rushed out to search for masking tape for him and scolded Weizheng when he finally apppeared with the straws. Everyone must support one another during a camp and how could he let BR wait and wait when BR urgently needs the straws? I told Weizheng off. The comm members around us were silent. Nope, I can't stand selfishness among camp comm. GUided BR along about what he should do when he's in charge, like he should walk about checking things out as the campers are making the egg protectors.

Come to think of it, I was a bit strict with him during then. But right after that incident, our mo qi shot up. Something between us clicked. Things turned out to proceed smoothly then after. The carnval turn out to be much much better than I thought it will be. BR and I provided materials like blindfolds, balloons, paper cups, bingo set,polka cards and rubber bands for the campers. They had to set up their own games stall and try to earn as much money as possible. The games they created turn out to be pretty creative and seriously fun =) I totally enjoy myself =) Comm members set up a gambling den =P yeah, our intention was to lose money to the campers so that they can earn more. Instead we ended up earning more than we expected. =) Everybody had so much fun.

Super relieved and pleased with day 2.

Day 3 was hectic. It was a huge day for me as the campers are going to play Amazing Race. Actually, the game was tailored for the Malaysians, so that they can see much more of Singapore instead of only NUS PGP. Not all the teams completed all the stations but I was glad that all teams played SHI ZHI LU KOU at Chinatown. After all, it was the highlight of Amazing Race =) It was so unfair lo, Wenxian and Hanyan got to eat nice desserts as they were stationed there while Biaogang and I were stationed under the blazing sun on Cavenagh Bridge. Thank goodness for the ice-cream uncle if not both of us would have starved >.<

The Campfire turns out to be ok too =) Just one game ( Street Fighters) played during the night. Special thanks to BR =) He supported me throughout the game whenever I got lost =)

By Day 4 I was already super exhausted. Day 4 was the only day which the programmers can slack. There was a time slot for everybody in the camp to write to anybody else. I found that time pretty meaningful and I was super happy when I received letters from the campers. I was even happier to get a note from YN. =) The note from him had great signifcance =)

Chengyao broke down. I went to comfort him and found my tears pouring too.

Everybody had put in so much effort as to make the camp memorable. And suddenly, everything is over. The camp ended. Zhen she bu de.. really she bu de.

Love the camp.

Think I really get to know the people around me much better. =)

Hey Siping... thanks for giving me the chance to be the chief programmer =) I really had fun. Very honoured too.

Hey BR, gimme a huge FIVE!!! =) We did it!!! We really did it =)

I'm glad I never gave up. And I'm glad I put in my best efforts. =)

Once again, thank you. Xie xie Siping, Bingrong =)

Love you guys

posted by qiumqium | 5:20 PM

1 Comments:

  • hey girl, no need to thank me lah....hmm...so ke qi..i think u say that for 1 million times liao..hhaha

    By Blogger christel, at 2:26 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home


.:Me:.

"Puto-puto" is a native visayan term for "cupcake". =)Yo, I'm Qiumqium, a wrongly spelled name for the meaning of salty in Hokkien.=P Loves to window shop, see the world beyond my window grills. Hopes to walk around the earth one day, sleep under the stars. Feels that languages are beautiful and powerful.

.:chats:.



.:my past:.
You may want to listen to =)
credits
SITE OWNED BY QiumQium
layout design by laurice
image Barunson Co.
download at DDGraphics