Tuesday, May 10, 2005

High ^_^

Yesterday

Went to Mu chuan again =) Reached there rather early as Shimei wanted to work on her stuff and meet the deadline. I actually managed to chat a little with Ah Du on his playing of the keyboard. I must admit again, I totally admire Ah Du's talent for the keyboard, and I love his voice which i found very soothing.

There was a japanese female guest singer. She was so petite! =) those small sized, cute looking type. BUT, her voice was so powerful and so were her keyboard skills. My jaws just dropped. Super impressed by her! And she also showed us a newspaper clipping which she herself made. Pretty cute but sadly, I can't decipher the Japanese characters. Argh.

Got a chance to speak to Xingrong before I left the place while waiting for my friends. He wasn't as fierce or unapproachable as he seemed to me =P In fact he was quite friendly and we chatted a bit on his recent endeavours. And I do wish him the very very best for the competition!! =) and i do hope I have a chance to hear him sing...

Today

Today's weather was perfect for sleeping.... It was already drizzling at 1030am.

Went to bukit timah nature reserve with my course mates, to learn more about the management of nature reserves. We saw many signs being put up to tell people not to feed the monkeys and not to bring dogs. As my lecturer said :" Dogs do not belong to nature reserve".

She then brought us to the surroundings of the foot of the nature reserve. All the mud paths that I 've trodden on were gone. They have been replaced by neatly laid cemented paths. There was a look out point completed with a hut at the famous quarry and even a playground for kids.
All these are the measures taken by the national park board to reduce the number of people going up the actual nature reserve of bukit timah.

The Board is pretty smart I feel. They actually tried to trick people into thinking that they had stepped into Bukit Timah nature reserve when they were actually just at the foot of the hill. According to my lecturer, to many people, as long as they are surrounded by lots of trees ( which they do not care whether it's fruit trees or what have you), they are in a NATURAL place... As long as it's effective enough to keep the number of people climbing up the hill =P

Up till this point of time, I still feel pretty ashamed by the fact that my British teacher is doing much more than most Singaporeans for Singapore's nature . Haiz.

Got terribly drenched as I walked up to the summit with Xingyi in the rain. It was pouring as we went down the hill and for the first time in my life, I worried about ROLLING down the steep slope of the hill.

I never regretted climbing up the hill when the rest didn't.

And I'm real glad to have Xingyi to walk the path with me =)

posted by qiumqium | 10:08 PM

3 Comments:

  • o mi god!

    shd have pushed away everything to go with you and ur frens on mon...

    *deep regret*

    *cute japanese girl... cute japanese girl... cute japanese girl...*

    By Blogger Y.Z,Big Kirsten fan, at 1:54 PM GMT+8  

  • yoz...I'm here..hehe..hmm...glad u like ah du and XR's voice..

    By Blogger christel, at 4:57 PM GMT+8  

  • yo siping!! =)

    finally i got the spelling of your name right =P

    KYZ......... >.<

    By Blogger qiumqium, at 8:02 PM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home


.:Me:.

"Puto-puto" is a native visayan term for "cupcake". =)Yo, I'm Qiumqium, a wrongly spelled name for the meaning of salty in Hokkien.=P Loves to window shop, see the world beyond my window grills. Hopes to walk around the earth one day, sleep under the stars. Feels that languages are beautiful and powerful.

.:chats:.



.:my past:.
You may want to listen to =)
credits
SITE OWNED BY QiumQium
layout design by laurice
image Barunson Co.
download at DDGraphics