Sunday, April 03, 2005

err.... thank goodness I'm safe? =P

Weee!!! Yesterday had been a eventful day =)

Yingzheng drove!!! =P Yap, he drove me to Muchuan in Chinatown, after I accidentally led him to a dead end in the carpark near my block... hahahah... tested his driving skills which he called a "warm up". On our way there, I pointed out what I usually call an "ah beng" car to Yingzheng.

(An ah beng car is one which has a lot of flashy stickers stuck all over the car surface. Those attention seeking cars. Usually the car is black)

As the car moves closer to the Ah beng car, we realised that those graphics on the cars are actually ERA advertisements!!! The back of the car has the ERA agent's name.. I remembered it's Vincent Kok or Kwok and his handphone number . Right below the car plate was this line in italics : " Always there for you" . It was hilarious!! =D

But it also goes to show how competitive the market is for these poor agents. They have to crack the whole of their to attract attention and leave a deep impression for others. Geez... I don't think I will ever work in that line >.<

Our car was horned at in Chinatown.

I commented that those experienced drivers should try to be more understanding to those people to just get their licenses. Then Yingzheng said that he didn't get horned at as much as his friends. "Perhaps it's due to the sticker behind? My dad bought it for me when I got my license."
Yingzheng pointed at the blue sticker stuck on the rear window , visible for all those driving behind him. It read:

"I turn and swerve in random"

Ahhhhh~... That explains everything.(Better take out my rosary beads =P )

Before I knew it, the car was cuttting across 2 wide lanes on the left and I found myself staring at the entrance of the carpark of Apollo Centre. Wooo.... =D impressed by the fact that I was actually still in 1 piece.... haha...

It's my very first trip to Muchuan. I was there to support Shimei and Shiping =) then I realise Cheng yao was there as well! I saw their teacher Ah du and the guitarist. Their skills really took my breathe away and their music experiences are so rich,and that set me thinking into wondering what I've been doing for the past 21 years. Those 2 guys are only in their early twenties!!!!

What on earth have I been doing???

We left Muchuan for East Coast Park to attend Kailing's (our secondary school friend) 21st birthday party =) This is the first time I ever attended any 21st birthday party... hee... had been unaavailable for the past few ones.

Got to meet secondary schoolmates after... like....hmmm...4 years?? wow... ^_^ Met Steve and Yanqi ( aka Yikai now) too... I remembered that the first time I met time was way back in Sec 4, and now they pop out again =) It was really nice to see them again.

It's funny how some people keep popping out in your life.. is this what they call "got fate" in chinese terms?

I hope these people will stay, somewhere and somehow in my life =)

Oh yes, kYZ! Thanks for the ride again =) Really.

posted by qiumqium | 11:24 AM

4 Comments:

  • u know yanqi ah??? how's he? was my sec sch friend...

    By Blogger crystallise, at 3:47 PM GMT+8  

  • hey xian,
    Thank u so much for coming down to sipport us, paiseh I failed badly.

    yr flower is now in my office. Will take a pic of it and post in my blog soon.

    Take care

    By Blogger Shirmaine, at 10:54 AM GMT+8  

  • Yo shimei! You are very welcome ya... no prob at all de =) both my friend and I feel that the song you chose is too hard lo =) should choose an easier one =P

    WIll go down and support again!! =D

    By Blogger qiumqium, at 12:38 PM GMT+8  

  • Thanks a million for coming to my bbq party... To me, its juz a mess but i hope u do enjoy
    :)

    Really appreciate everyone who made the effort and came on that day...

    Thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:09 AM GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home


.:Me:.

"Puto-puto" is a native visayan term for "cupcake". =)Yo, I'm Qiumqium, a wrongly spelled name for the meaning of salty in Hokkien.=P Loves to window shop, see the world beyond my window grills. Hopes to walk around the earth one day, sleep under the stars. Feels that languages are beautiful and powerful.

.:chats:.



.:my past:.
You may want to listen to =)
credits
SITE OWNED BY QiumQium
layout design by laurice
image Barunson Co.
download at DDGraphics