Tuesday, March 08, 2005

21

I’m 21 =)

Ever since 19 I had been telling myself to celebrating my 21st birthday and I was so glad that I did. I had a blast and totally enjoyed myself at my own party… though I must admit that I nearly burnt down 1 whole metal mahjiong table.

It was hilarious! Initially I only had a few layers of newspapers on top of the pink plastic table top sheet. I positioned the 2 BBQ pits on top of the newspapers, thinking that they would never catch fire..

I was naïve.

Within 10 mins after the start of the fire, the newspapers started smoking and caught fire themselves.. I was still laughing when my friend asked me to get some water to put out the fire. Mum was stunned to see the poor rubber layer of the mahjong table burnt.

HAhaha….

Xingyi spotted a wooden plank which some neighbour of mine dumped. So we placed the plank on top of the poor table, and mum sacrificed 2 pots to place them on top of the plank. And needless to say, the pits on top of the pots =P

Within 15 mins, the wood actually started smoking.. I poured some water onto the plank and into the pots.

The water started boiling… “___” lll

It was then someone suggested using bricks.. ( don’t ask me why I never thought of that….)

And finally and safely, the BBQ started.

Just want to say a huge thank you to my friends, Xingyi and her boyfriend, Jieying and Crystal =)

If not for you guys, there won’t be any BBQ and the mahjiong table would be legless…. =P

This year’s party was especially meaningful as it was the first time I invited my secondary, JC and Uni friends to all come under 1 roof =) I was worried that they won’t interact with each other in the first place but then again… that was before I witnessed the wonders of mahjiong..

My boyfriend Max actually bought me a bouquet of 21 red roses! I was so touched… nearly cried.. Because usually I had to beg him to give me flowers.. even on Valentine’s..

posted by qiumqium | 12:30 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


.:Me:.

"Puto-puto" is a native visayan term for "cupcake". =)Yo, I'm Qiumqium, a wrongly spelled name for the meaning of salty in Hokkien.=P Loves to window shop, see the world beyond my window grills. Hopes to walk around the earth one day, sleep under the stars. Feels that languages are beautiful and powerful.

.:chats:.



.:my past:.
You may want to listen to =)
credits
SITE OWNED BY QiumQium
layout design by laurice
image Barunson Co.
download at DDGraphics